Xiaomi has carved out a niche for itself in the smartphone arena by delivering top-notch devices that don’t break the bank. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G is a shining example of this ethos. If you’re scouting for a new smartphone, this one deserves a spot on your shortlist.
The Price Tag
The Redmi Note 12 Pro is available in a range of configurations, each with a different price. The entry-level model, packing 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, will set you back $332.01. You can pick this one up in Black, White, or Blue.
If you’re after a bit more muscle and storage, you can opt for the 8GB RAM and 128GB storage model, which costs $355.81. This version is also up for grabs in Black, White, and Blue.
For the power users out there, there’s the 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model. This beast comes with a price tag of $391.51 and is available in the same trio of colors: Black, White, and Blue.
The Look and Feel
The Note 12 Pro is a testament to Xiaomi’s dedication to crafting beautiful devices. It’s available in three distinct colors: Black, White, and Blue, each offering its own unique vibe. The device has a solid, premium feel to it, with a weight and balance that screams quality. The design is sleek and contemporary, with a minimalist aesthetic that’s both attractive and practical.
One of the key design features of the Pro is its IP53 splash-proof rating. This means the phone can handle minor splashes and spills, adding a layer of durability. So, whether you’re caught in a drizzle or you knock over your morning coffee, the Redmi Note has got you covered.
Let’s kick things off with the display. The phone rocks a 6.67″ FHD+ Flow AMOLED display, pushing out a resolution of 2400 x 1080. This means you’re getting a sharp, detailed image that enhances everything from web surfing to video streaming. Plus, with a refresh rate that can hit 120Hz, you’re getting silky smooth scrolling and quick touch response.
In the day-to-day, the display is a joy to use. Whether you’re binging on YouTube, flicking through your photo gallery, or getting your game on, the Redmi display steps up. Colors pop, and the high resolution makes sure every detail is crisp. Plus, it’s got Dolby Vision support, adding an extra layer of dynamism to your media.
On the connectivity front, the phone has got you covered. It’s ready for 2G, 3G, 4G, and even 5G networks, so you can tap into high-speed internet wherever you are.
The phone is also Wi-Fi 6 compatible, which is the newest Wi-Fi standard. This means you can expect speedy and stable Wi-Fi connections, whether you’re streaming, downloading, or just browsing. The Wi-Fi range holds up well, too, keeping a solid connection even as you move around.
And let’s not forget Bluetooth 5.2. This makes pairing with devices like headphones, speakers, and smart home gadgets a breeze. And just like the Wi-Fi, the Bluetooth range is solid, keeping a steady connection across different rooms.
Under the hood, the Note 12 Pro is packing a MediaTek Dimensity 1080 Octa core processor. This means you’re getting a smooth, snappy performance, whether you’re juggling multiple tasks, gaming, or running heavy-duty apps.
In real-world use, this means a buttery smooth user experience. Apps launch in a snap, games run without a hitch, and the phone responds to your touch inputs instantly. And with the screen’s 120Hz refresh rate, everything from scrolling to swiping feels super fluid.
The Pro shines when it comes to battery longevity. Armed with a robust 5000mAh battery, this device is built to last through a day filled with heavy usage. Be it streaming your favorite shows, gaming, or just surfing the internet, the phone is up for the task.
What’s more, the device comes with support for 67W turbo charging. This feature allows you to juice up your device in a shorter span, minimizing the time you spend waiting for your phone to charge. In practical terms, this means you spend less time fretting over your battery percentage and more time making the most of your device.
On the audio front, the Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G is no slouch either. The device comes with a dual speaker setup, offering a stereo audio output that enhances everything from your favorite tunes to your video call quality. Whether you’re jamming to your go-to playlist or tuning into the latest episode of your favorite podcast, the mobile ensures a clear and balanced audio output.
Adding to the immersive audio experience is the support for Dolby Atmos®. This technology delivers sound that seems to envelop you, making your media consumption feel richer and more lifelike. In day-to-day usage, this adds an extra dimension of enjoyment to your audio experiences.
Note 12 Pro comes packing a trio of cameras on its back, featuring a 50MP primary shooter, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP macro lens. This combination offers a broad spectrum of photographic possibilities, from capturing the minutiae in macro shots to expansive vistas with the ultra-wide lens.
- The 50MP main camera leverages a sizable 1/1.56” sensor and employs 2μm 4-in-1 large pixels, enhancing its low-light performance. With all-pixel autofocus and a generous f/1.88 aperture, it’s primed to deliver crisp, well-lit photos across diverse lighting scenarios.
- The 8MP ultra-wide lens brings a 119° field of view to the table, enabling you to fit more into each frame. This comes in handy when you’re trying to capture sprawling landscapes or group photos.
- The 2MP macro lens is your go-to for close-up shots, ideal for revealing the intricate details of smaller subjects.
In the real world, the Pro’s camera array provides a great deal of versatility. Whether you’re documenting a family event, capturing the beauty of nature, or just recording moments from your day-to-day, the phone is up to the task.
Comparing with Similar-Priced Contenders
When evaluating the Redmi Note 12 Pro, it’s crucial to see how it measures up against its similarly priced rivals. Let’s pit it against the Samsung Galaxy A52, the Realme 8 Pro, and the Oppo Reno5 Z.
- Samsung Galaxy A52: While the Galaxy A52 puts up a good fight with its Super AMOLED display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset, the Redmi edges it out with a beefier MediaTek Dimensity 1080 processor and a heftier 5000mAh battery, compared to the A52’s 4500mAh.
- Realme 8 Pro: The Realme 8 Pro boasts a 108MP primary camera, outdoing the Redmi Note’s 50MP. However, the 12 Pro counters with a more diverse camera setup, offering more photographic flexibility.
- Oppo Reno5 Z: The Reno5 Z sports a MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor, which falls a bit short of the Redmi’s Dimensity 1080. Plus, the Reno5 Z’s 4310mAh battery doesn’t quite match up to the Note 12 Pro’s 5000mAh, making the latter a more suitable choice for power users.
Wrapping things up, if you’re on the hunt for a new smartphone, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G should definitely be on your radar. It brings together a sleek design, robust performance, and a host of features, all at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Top-notch connectivity features
- Fluid and fast operation
- Display that’s easy on the eyes
- A build that’s both durable and eye-catching
- Absence of wireless charging
- Limited water resistance (IP53 rated)